Is the Autism and Vaccines Link over yet?

Is Aborted Fetal DNA in Vaccines Linked to Autism?
By Theresa A. Deisher, Ph.D.

Just when the pharmaceutical industry thought the vaccine-autism controversy had been resolved, the National Vaccine Advisory Committee has recommended further study of vaccine safety. A perceived fear of the safety of the U.S. vaccination schedule has led increasing numbers of parents to opt out of full compliance. The numbers of children who are not fully vaccinated has now reached a point where “herd” immunity may be compromised, compelling the Centers for Disease Control to hold town-hall meetings and convene a Vaccine Safety Working Subgroup. Despite research ruling out mercury (Thimerosal) or the measles portion of one specific vaccine, autism continues to rise to a level of one in every 64 children in the UK.
http://catholicexchange.com/2009/07/22/120659/print/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Whoever claimed that the swine flu vax is "not finished yet" is a complete idiot. It is being TESTED, has been for weeks now, so exactly how could it not be finished? I've seen pictures of the bottles, says "contains Thimerosal" right on it... Thimerosal is a preservative, used to make it easier for companies to put multiple doses of vax in one container. That makes it cheaper for vax companies to use, which is why they use it and don't get rid of it. All studies on thimerosal have proven horrific reactions to even small doses of it. I don't know HOW people justify claiming there is no reaction to it. Mercury poisoning (which is what thimerosal is) mimics severe autism symptoms. Look it up.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 10:14 AM on Aug. 31, 2009

• mercury is by far not the only bad thing in vaccines
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Let's get the mercury thing straight. The reason for the link between mercury and autism was SYMPTOMS. Mercury poisoning and autsim share some of the same symptoms. This is why there was a very real, very justifiable link between the two. It can be nearly impossible to diagnose mercury poisoning once time has gone by. Virtually the only way to do it is through hair samples. Very often the child has had their first haircut and a testing size sample is lost.

I know this because we went through this with my son. The clinic on base didn't get his 1 yr imunizations into his medical records and they made us get them again. Apparently a Mother's word is no good, sad since my other son had all of his and there was no evidence to say I wasn't telling the truth. He got the full dose again at 18 mos. His symptoms started a few months later. We didn't have enough hair to test when we did the autism evals at age 3.5.

cont.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:51 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• cont.

Mercury poisoning only shows up in the blood for a short while. It can remain in the organs for years and years. You can't test those without an autopsy! You can test the hair that grew at the time of the poisoning.

For my child "birth trauma" was the final #1 reason the docs decided upon. They are beginning to question that though because my child is on the cusp of recovery, which is rare for autism.

Sorry about the long post!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I have a son with Autism suspected of heavy metal poisoning. He does not fit the Autism Spectrum criteria. But the Drs had to write something now.

I was reading the link provided by the OP I was surprised that the group working on the "further" study has included Toxicologists. Toxicologist can pinpoint better the source of the problem.

Our insurance company denied my son to see a Toxicologist. (I have a copy of the denial.

Since the INS co wouldn't help us we are working with a private doctor and amazingly our son is doing better. He doesn't look like he is "high" anymore.

But we know that once the damage is done there is not much we can do.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I don't believe any UNbiased research has EVER "ruled out" the thimerosol being harmful. There have been studies that have been "worked up" to HIDE the links between autism and thimerosol poisoning, but all the raw data always points towards it. Read "Deadly Immunity" - an article first published in Rolling Stone a few years ago. I don't have a link but the author was Robert Kennedy.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 4:03 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Printer Friendly

URL: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/7395411/deadly_immunity

Rollingstone.com

Back to Deadly Immunity
    Deadly Immunity
    Robert F. Kennedy Jr. investigates the government cover-up of a mercury/autism scandal

ROBERT F. KENNEDY JR.

Posted Jun 20, 2005 12:00 AM
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• In June 2000, a group of top government scientists and health officials gathered for a meeting at the isolated Simpsonwood conference center in Norcross, Georgia. Convened by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the meeting was held at this Methodist retreat center, nestled in wooded farmland next to the Chattahoochee River, to ensure complete secrecy. The agency had issued no public announcement of the session -- only private invitations to fifty-two attendees. There were high-level officials from the CDC and the Food and Drug Administration, the top vaccine specialist from the World Health Organization in Geneva and representatives of every major vaccine manufacturer, including GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, Wyeth and Aventis Pasteur. All of the scientific data under discussion, CDC officials repeatedly reminded the participants, was strictly "embargoed." There would be no making photocopies of documents, no taking paper
    Anonymous

• no taking papers with them when they left.

The federal officials and industry representatives had assembled to discuss a disturbing new study that raised alarming questions about the safety of a host of common childhood vaccines administered to infants and young children. According to a CDC epidemiologist named Tom Verstraeten, who had analyzed the agency's massive database containing the medical records of 100,000 children, a mercury-based preservative in the vaccines -- thimerosal -- appeared to be responsible for a dramatic increase in autism and a host of other neurological disorders
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• among children. "I was actually stunned by what I saw," Verstraeten told those assembled at Simpsonwood, citing the staggering number of earlier studies that indicate a link between thimerosal and speech delays, attention-deficit disorder, hyperactivity and autism. Since 1991, when the CDC and the FDA had recommended that three additional vaccines laced with the preservative be given to extremely young infants -- in one case, within hours of birth -- the estimated number of cases of autism had increased fifteenfold, from one in every 2,500 children to one in 166 children.

Anonymous