Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long does a temp physical custody...

order last until it can turn permanant? hubby is trying to get custody of his son back. His maternal grandmother and her boyfriend have ( tpc) of him. Grandmother is on 8 different meds for anxiety, and many other things. Grandpa is not blood related, and bio-mom is a crack head an in and out of their lives and all she ever got was phone visitation when we had custody of my hubby's son. We have custody of hubby's daughter and want his son back, we asked them to care for him for awhile as he was getting in trouble at school and here at home and we just needed some help. Bio-mom shows up out of the blue and talks them into taking us to court for custody and child support. We didn't mind child support but custody! this magistrate seriously twisted this whole situation and now we need a lawyer to straighten it all out. Does anyone know about custody cases ? need some advice please.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • You wanted help, now you got it but maybe the lawyer can help you get out of this mess you got yourself in to. You cannot throw kids away bc they get in trouble. It is easier to just teach them yourself. Now you have taught him to disrespect your authority bc he knows you dont have the parenting skills to get through a tough time. You have created your own mess. Not sure it will get better after all of this. good luck though

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

  • To the coward anon, I do not need you to point out that we got our selves into this situation. I'm trying to get some information/advice from the women on here who have knowledge and experience with custody matters not someone with a "IM A PERFECT PARENT CHIP ON THEIR SHOULDER" trying to tell what they THINK they know.


    Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

  • I am going thru a custody case as well right now, and I know exactly how you feel. my daughters bio dad wants full custody bc he doesnt want to pay child support and wants me to pay him. He even went to the extreme of calling social services on me and my husband and filed sexual abuse charges against my husband. Of course it didnt go anywhere, my daughter just couldnt be around my husband until everything was clear which took 2 months, and it was all during christmas and new years. But even though my custody is not over yet, we still have a month to go, the best advise i could give in what ive learned, it document EVERYTHING!!!! even if it seems very small, write it down along with time and date. the more physical evidence you have the better. and definately get a lawyer, look online or in a phone book, and find one that specializes in child custody, and get the biggest and toughest asshole you can find. cont;d

    Answer by MPatterson0607 at 4:28 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

  • keep in mind though, that it does get expensive. And most judges wont take a child from their mother, but in your case if shes on drugs, or is never there, if you have proof or can show that, you shouldnt have any problems. Also for your husband, make sure hes doing everything in his power and ability to be contacting the child and spending as much time as he possibly can with him. You want to show the judge that he willing to do anything for the child and is actually trying. The advise my lawyer keeps giving me is to keep giving him (bio dad) rope, and he will keep hanging himself, and to let him. But definatley start looking for a lawyer asap, you will need their help if the mom starts to fight back. If you have anything else you want to ask or talk about feel free to email me.

    Answer by MPatterson0607 at 4:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

  • MPatterson, thank you so much for your advice...very much appreciated!


    Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.