my kitchen

Photobucket
Photobucket

what do you think is this ugly?? and should i paint my cabinets white?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I am a big HGTV watcher!!! Check it out for ideas. But you have white couners. If you do white cabinets, what will your accent color be? I too hate my kitchen, but we are military and temp renting so nothing I can do about my rotting cupboards LOL But I love simple kitchens with a splash of color. Paint away!!! And you could change your yellow wall to a more neutral shade or a lighter shade, like a light yellow, not so bright. But that's all opinion.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 1:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• The gold is nice if you paint your cabinets a cream color.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• That is the same color of my kitchen, I think our was called "Nacho". I like it, but maybe you should paint your cabinets a nice bright white and get black or silver hardware to match your stove. I like the red curtains, it makes the yellow pop!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 3:52 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• i love it
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 4:18 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Yes, go ahead and paint those cabinets. And change the curtains to something not red.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I have white cabinets with silver nickle handles. My walls are a neutral beige color and my floors are a dark mahogany hardwood. It can look great depending on how everything else ties in together.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 1:39 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Frankly, I don't think anything you could do could make them look worse. Those are really UGLY cabinets. Definitely replace the hardware when you paint, and they'll look much better.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I would call the cabinets and drawer faces distinctive. Have never seen any like them. Overall do you feel your kitchen is dark or closed in feeling? At first I wondered if the cabinets had chalkboard paint on them. I don't think I would go white though. Try holding up a sheet of paper and find out if you like the look (color). Also, with the gold - how do you like it? Maybe lightening it up a bit would not hurt. For me, I would maybe choose a patterned drape instead of such a stark contrast, or even a wide striped curtain. Find something you can live with and not always be the main attraction.
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 2:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

• I'd DEFINITELY lighten it up. Dark cabinets are not pretty in my opinion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:52 AM on Sep. 6, 2009