Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ihad a c-section 9 days ago and i think something is wrong

fom my belly button down my stomach feels raw.....and anytime something touches it i wanna cry....(this is my 2nd c-section) with my first i didnt feel this way i was fine....there is some drainage on the sides of my incision and it looks like its not connected it two spots....i am worried that i did to muh to soon and i tore but idk...any advice

Answer Question

Asked by Mamaof2boys0709 at 1:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • go to er...are you running a temp...if you don't feel right please go see a dr or go to er...

    Answer by Safirejewl at 1:18 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

  • i dont know much about csections but i know my friend has had three and she said she STILL feels pain from her incision once in a while so i think that might be normal...but the pussing and gaps im not sure of...i would contact your doc right away!

    Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

  • Some drainage is normal, but if it is separating and feeling tender you need to be seen ASAP. Infection is likely, especially if it is red and inflamed or if you are running a fever. Don't delay, these infections can spread fast and impair your fertility, damage internal organs and make you VERY sick.

    Answer by Ati_13 at 1:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

  • go to doctor now
    that means listening to the doctors and nurses when thry tell you not to lift , bend etc !!
    you think you are the one that can break the rules and you do too much and then you end up with problems in your recovery, and end up going back to doctors and you take even longer to heal

    and yes, I am scolding you

    get off here, call doctors office, and go to ER if reg doc office is closed on a sat

    you have had one before, you KNOW it does not seem right, listen to yourself and do not talk yourself out of seeking medical attention, keep yourself healthy so you can care for your baby and child

    Answer by boredmom44 at 1:57 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

  • I'd consult with your doctor.

    Answer by Krysta622 at 2:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.