are they aloud to deny me for the Rhogam Shot????

so I have been being seen for the past 5 1/2 months by a family care center place ever since I found out I was pregnant and my doctor went on vacation a month back and I was expeiriencing panic attaks and had got seen by a different doctor..the different doctor reffered to some other doctors office and I dont know why when my usual doctor told me its very important to come back to her when Im 28 weeks to get the Rhogam Shot because I am o - ... so I am supposed to be seen by another doctors office that I have never been to before so Im so confused now! and the new place said i wont be able to get that shot when Im seen this monday cuz thats when im 28 weeks... so what do I do...just walk in at my usual doctors office and demand I get that shot that day? If i dont get it my baby could die... :( PLEASE HELP!!!! PLEASE PRAY FOR ME THANK YOU EVRYONE

skin172

Asked by skin172 at 1:25 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Go to the appointment on monday and see what the actual doctor you see says. If you need the shot, you need it. If they don't want to give it to you, just make an appointment with your original doctor asap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• http://www.vaccinetruth.org/rhogam.htm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I'd be calling my usual doc and talking to them and demanding to know what the heck is going on. That Rogham shot is very important to you and your baby and you need to have someone tell you which office is going to give you that shot. But don't get off the phone with them until you have an answer as to when and where you will be receiving it becasue you are O-neg and have to have it at 28 weeks. Good luck!!!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 1:37 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Is this for the RH factor? I would make sure a Doctor gives you the shot so there are no complications after your baby is born. Good luck.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:38 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Your baby will not die if you don't get the 28 week shot. There is only ONE study that shows that prenatal rhogam reduces cases of rh sensitivity, and that can easily be attributed to moms who weren't offered it after a sensitizing event.

Not all doctors/midwives offer it because it's just not proven necessary.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 1:56 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I am Rh negative and have 5 children. I received my shot at 28 weeks for all pregnancies except my 4th. My doctor at the time said that I would be ok as long as I received the shot by week 32. I panicked and thought the worst but all I could do is trust my doctor. I got the shot at week 32 and after the baby was born. She was born healthy and I didn't develop any antibodies that would affect my next pregnancy. So my suggestion is for you not to panic just let the doctor know you are rh - and they will follow the necessary steps. Due to personal or religious beliefs some women choose not to get the shot at all and they have healthy babies.
    lovethe1urwith

Answer by lovethe1urwith at 2:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• ^ ^ ^ ^THANKS that helped me not be too worried! ^ ^ ^ ^
    skin172

Answer by skin172 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 29, 2009