why can you not have sex after a csection?

i dont understand why you cant have sex after a csection i know you are very fertale but what are the other reasons ya you bleed but thats why they made condoms right? its been 8 days since my csection and i do everything else they sasid not to do and so far it hasent hurt me!!!!!!!

Tbaby61727

Asked by Tbaby61727 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• stiches they do may come undone. you are not completely healed up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• After having a cesarean, you will still need to wait about six weeks, until you've seen your midwife or doctor postpartum. They want to ensure that your incision is healing well and that your postpartum bleeding has stopped. This bleeding comes from inside the uterus, at the site where the placenta was located. This bleeding happens to all mothers, regardless of how they gave birth.
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 1:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• First, you are NOT very fertile. I don't know why this myth abounds. That's not license to have unprotected sex, though, because women HAVE conceived this early postpartum.

They ask that you don't have sex so that they can get you on birth control at your 6 week visit and so that you don't hurt your incision. Also, you are at a higher risk for infection and anything inserted into the vagina pushes bacteria closer to your cervix (which may or may not be open, depending on whether you labored or not).
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• i started having sex 2 weeks after my csection.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:52 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• i had sex 1 week after
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Yes.. yes you are fertile right after giving birth.
    You are more fertile than any other time for the first 6 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I had unprotected sex 7 days after my C
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Uterine infection would be enough for me to wait...... Things are NOT healed, no matter how good you feel. It takes a while for your uterus to heal, and even though you didnt deliver vaginally, you can still get an infection in your uterus and that can be very bad.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 3:25 PM on Aug. 29, 2009