Anyone else had/have a low grade fever during their first trimester?

I caught my husband's hybrid 24 hour stomach/flu bug - and I ran a low grade fever. It lasted for a few hours and the highest was 100 even.
I've been hearing a lot of horror talk about how fever in the first trimester can cause neural tube defects like spina bifida and it has me paranoid.
Anyone else had this and went on to have a perfectly healthy pregnancy?

I have a doctor appt on Monday - but just wondering. :]

K_Sawyer

Asked by K_Sawyer at 1:35 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did a couple of times. It sometimes went to 100. But it was low grade. There was nothing to worry about. I'm still pregnant and expecting next month.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:53 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I had sinusitis( fever of about 100 for a few days) when I was about 3mths I called the doctors and the nurse told me it was fine to take tylenol to keep it down. I had an appt 3 days after it started and my doc was upset at the nurse and told me to go to the emergency room next time. The baby and I have been fine and I'm now 27 wks.
    DBbaby

Answer by DBbaby at 4:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2009