Is Health care the new 9/11?

While I was mowing the lawn today, I was thinking on this administration and wondering why they resort to calling those that oppose the bill as 'angry mobs' and 'haters', 'racists', 'astro-turf'. Then I started to wonder why this particular bill is so important that they would use reconciliation to vote for it, and it occured to me that since it won't go into effect until 2013, this will be the 9/11 Obama uses to get re-elected. He will scare those that are depending on the health care bill to take effect by telling them that not voting for him could derail the whole thing.

If health care isn't his 'emergency excuse' to not defect from the current administration, what do you feel will be his platform?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• That is a good question - what will his platform be?

He won't exactly be able to run as "the candidate of change" in 2012.

...and it's not uncommon for an incumbent to plea for re-election in the name of finishing this or that project.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I don't think he's doing the fearmongering. It's the angry mobs, haters, racists, lobbyists, GOPers, Blue Dog Dems, Fox News..Plenty of fearmongering to go around. Unless you are TOTALLY satisfied with your healthcare plan that is. I am good with mine, but I support the ability for everyone to have healthcare.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• no, it isnt. and your bias is on display
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Yes, most politicians use crisis (real or manufactured) to their advantage, and to further their parties' agendas. It's been happening for many, many years.

"You never want to allow a serious crisis go to waste." Rahm Emanuel, White House Chief of Staff
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Swine Flu pandemic. get ready for the plague.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• No they want to make it the Ted Kennedy bill as if that jerk ever helped.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Well, it certainly IS a tragedy and a disaster in the making!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:19 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I don't care what anyone thinks nothing compares to the attacks on Sept 11, 2001 don't compare anything else to that day.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 4:35 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• It's not a comparison between the two. I have heard many liberals say that the only reason Bush got reelected was because of the war on man-made-disasterists (doesn't exactly roll of the tongue). That the risk level was elevated just prior to the election as a scare tactic for reelection. If y'all can ponder that, then I think I have the right to ponder what his "cause" will be when he runs again in 2012. And PP is right, he won't be able to run on the hope and change bs that he got away with this time. By next election, it will be painfully clear that he is a liberal spending President with his special interests at heart. Not the best interest of the individual. It will be pointed out what changes he made that impacted us negatively. So, I am thinking that health care will be a big re-election cause for him, assuming that the whole thing hasn't blown up in his face by then.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Oh, and give it a rest anon :49. What question on here is un-biased? It's a question / answer section and the majority of what you get is opinion. All opinions are biased. Duh.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Aug. 29, 2009