I have absolutely NO sex drive. I haven't in years. Any tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• I'd like to hear this answer... I'm in the same boat. I didn't have any while I was pregnant and it never came back. And she's 19 months now.
    Anonymous

• It's rough being mom and wife/lover. I think sometimes it takes effort. Maybe the sex drive follows... Good luck!
    TurksMommy

Answer by TurksMommy at 4:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• First...having kids tends to take its toll on us all...
    but if it's really been years I'd go talk to my doctor. Get a complete physical, including possibly seeing a psychiatrist/therapist. If it's just being out of practice at being intimate with your love try talking to them about it, sometimes that will help because you've just worked on your connection, sometimes because you can really flesh out what the two of you are into sexually.
    templeghost

Answer by templeghost at 5:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Sometimes hormonal birth control affects that especially the depo shot.
    SyraPi

Answer by SyraPi at 5:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Have you been to the doctor? Did you recently have a child? Even if you did not recently have a child you could be losing estrogen for a variety of reasons and that will effect your sex drive. Are you on any medicines? A lot of depression/anxiety meds will cause you to lose your libido as well as certain birth control pills.
    medicsbabe1014

Answer by medicsbabe1014 at 5:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• try porn
    Anonymous

• sex theropy
    sarajo23

Answer by sarajo23 at 5:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I agree with getting a complete physical. I too don't have much of a sex drive, and basically I just try to be more intimate with kisses and hand holding, etc. Supposedly, the more you do these things, the more endorphins you will have and it will increase your sex drive (or so I read). I try doing it even if I do not want to because once we get going, I really do enjoy it, it's just a matter of wanting to after working, taking care of children and being exhausted. Plus, the more you do it, the more you want it (for me at least).
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 5:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• KY yours and mine, i wanna have sex now
    dannersmell

Answer by dannersmell at 6:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• go on dates. last date we had was at 11:00 in the morning! We left the kids with Granny, and went to Arby's for coffee and a pecan roll. Just good to get out! Time before that, we went out for chinese, then to Lowes to buy a new toilet! LOL

you can stay in for dates, too but I MUCH prefer getting out.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:05 PM on Jun. 19, 2008