being sueyed by capital one lawyers from a credit card that i had with them total fee's right now $7000.00 what will help to me

i am so scared right now. today i got served with papers to appear at court for a credit card that i had from capital one with all the late fee's it is at $7000.00. what will happen to me when i go to court. i do not own any thing. only my truck that is 97. i have two children under the age of 7 we rent my husband is the only one who is working but his name is not on the credit card. i am in the process of going threw bankrupcy but i still owe them 500.00. the bankrupcy lawyer can not file any claims until i pay them in full. please let me know what they will do and if i should go to court. thanks

horselover2

Asked by horselover2 at 1:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• Talk to your bankruptcy lawyer, Im not so sure that they can take you to court while you are in process. On the other side of it, the worst thing that I have ever heard of happening is that they can order a judgment against you and the can garnish your wages. If you dont go to court it will be an automatic judgment against you. I dont have a clue how it goes if you actually go to court. But really, check with your lawyer, you may be able to get out of that, unless they are trying to get it before your bankruptcy goes through, but even after, Im sure you added that onto the bankruptcy so eventually that will fall into it. Good Luck, sorry you are going through all that.....I know it can be stressful
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 3:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2009