Grants, Health Inspector, Insurance? HELP!!!

I want to start my own cupcake business, but I don't know where to start! I have a ton of ideas in my head, but now where do I go? I wanna start the business in my home and then expand from there, but do I need a health inspector to see my kitchen? Can I get a grant for everything I'm going to need? How would I claim taxes on my business? Ugh, I just need some kind of direction. ANY advice would be great.

piercedbeauty21

Asked by piercedbeauty21 at 1:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• go to www.sba.gov. this is a government website that will help you start up a business. they have info on what you need to put together, how to get loans, taxes, the whole nine yards. as for locally, call your local business licensing office(usually located in the courthouse) and ask what is required for starting a home-based business. i run a small business- not easy in the current economy, i don't get any profit left over after bills- and we just do all our taxes together with a taw preparer; i would't do them myself. send me a pm if you have any more questions about running a business, and good luck!
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2009