I'm looking to start my own baby proofing service in Vancouver, BC. Please give me any honest feedback that you have. How much would you pay for an inspection and would you have the service install the products? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Honestly I wouldn't pay for something like this. But if I did... maybe $75. Just curious... would there be a liability to you if you went to someone home and baby proofed and then something happened to their child brecause they thought their house was safe?? I think because you entered their home and touched things you could get in trouble. (for example in my hospital I'm not allowed to touch a parents car seat because if something were to happen to the baby I could be sued)
    I think a class on child safety in the home might work better and then offer things to buy or order while they are there. I think I might be willing to pay $20 to go to a class like this and then buy things while I am there for my home.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:31 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I agree with PP. A class would be better and let them buy the items needed through you. I would pay for a service to come in, and I wouldn't sue anyone unless it was some type of negligence on their part (maybe skipping an area or something) because I watch my daughter regardless, but there are people who would.

Not a bad idea, just needs some tweaks.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:38 AM on Aug. 30, 2009