Finger Foods?

My daughter is ready for finger foods but I have no clue where to start. All I know to start with is cut up grapes. Any tips?

Call-Me-Mommy

Asked by Call-Me-Mommy at 2:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i diced up some apples and pears and cooked them for about 20-25 minutes- my dd loves them. she also eats green beans(cooked) and those graduate puffs things. anything you eat can be cooked down for a baby to eat- just start out with fruits and veggies, then work into meat and bread-type stuff. the food will get everywhere but the mouth at first, so i recommend a drop cloth under the high chair. good luck.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• This may sounds stupid... But how do you cook them??? Like, step by step.
    Call-Me-Mommy

Answer by Call-Me-Mommy at 2:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• My 9 months old son loves to eat tiny cubes of banana, avocado, little baby Cherios, cooked sweet peas (i pop them out of their little shells first).
    DavineandLiam

Answer by DavineandLiam at 2:45 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• to cook the fruit, i dice it into pieces she can chew( abou as wide as your pinky). i put them in a pot with 1 cup of water for every 1/2 cup of fruit, and bring it to a boil. I let it simmer(low-medium heat) until the water has reduced down by about half. let it cool, put it in mason or baby food jars and then dd has fruit for about two weeks. you can do the same with veggies- green beans and carrots are dd's faves.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• the fruit is also great stirred into cereal like oatmeal, for you or her;)
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Start with cut up very very soft foods (like banana, avocado, cooked sweet potato) and foods that dissolve easily (like the Gerber puff snacks, Cheerios) and then as she learns to chew and grows teeth you can start on things that are a little more solid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2009