I was checked Thursday and since then I have been having some discharge. but is it normal to.......

have a gush of the discharge. Before I was having it but just little bits when I went pee. It was a brownish slimmy kind of discharge. Not like my water broke and not like any of the mucus membrane like discharge I've had before. It wasn't watery but it was just thick snot like stuff. I know confusing. It only gushed just once and it was like a tablespoon of it. I go in to be induced tomorrow morning. What is it? I haven't had pain or anything so should I call my doc about it or just wait until tomorrow morning?

MizAnn

Asked by MizAnn at 2:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Might be your mucous plug coming out in bits and pieces.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• It's your mucous plug. Your body is prepping to go into labor all on its own.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:57 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• probably your mucus plug- no biggie, just one less thing to deal with at induction. good luck with the induction!
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I agree w/ the other ladies. Sounds like your mucous plug. Although I personally wouldn't call a tablespoon a gush. Lol.

Congrats! Hope everything goes well for you!
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:34 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• yea that would be the mucus plug..no need to worry
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 3:53 PM on Aug. 29, 2009