after every bottle she spits it all back up is it normal

she wont latch so im forced to bottle feed and shes drinking to fast so she spits her food back up

bebow

Asked by bebow at 2:30 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• MY NIECE DID THIS AND THEY TOLD MY SIS TO MAKE SURE SHE GETS BURBED GOOD ENOUGH..
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 2:31 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Do you burp her every couple of ounces? Is the nipple you are using too fast flowing?
    newmomma2mybaby

Answer by newmomma2mybaby at 2:34 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• feed her then burp, feed her some more then burp her. I don't know what kind of bottle you use, but bottles that vent out work great, I bought my son a bottle that vents out on the bottom and it works good, he didn't get much gas and didn't get all that extra air he didn't need.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Get a nipple with a slower flow.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:39 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• try to change the nipple flow to a slower one, burp every oz or so. if that doesnt work do a formula change, my son did that and it stopped when he was put on soy formula
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Also, make sure to prop her up during & after feeding to avoid reflux, and if it continues, talk to your doctor about changing formula. Ours ended up with soy formula as well. If you've just started though, give it a few days, and feed her often, so that she doesn't get so hungry. We fed ours 2-4 oz every 2 hours until she caught up. Good luck!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 4:00 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Try burbing her before she finishes the bottle. If the air bubble is at the bottom of the tummy and she gulps the whole bottle down, then burbs..all the milk is coming up with it.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 4:57 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• My daughter would spit up so much she would spit up after her bottle until her next bottle and I was always nervous that something was wrong. The dr just said she would grow out of it anytime from 6 mo to 9 mo and she did right around 7 mo she slowed down it was so nice to not have her in a bib. If your is gaining weight fine then you shouldn't have a problem.... We did burp her alot and that helped we would do two ounces then burp her then give her more so try that... Just ask your dr at your next appointment but things should be fine mine is fine and she did it from birth until 7 mo....
    LaitonLysette

Answer by LaitonLysette at 6:03 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• First I would change the nipple flow. If that doesn't help it could be her formula. My daughter had to be on Enfamil Gentlease due to this same problem. She had no issues once we started to use this formula.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 6:49 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Feed her with a slow flow nipple (slower than a standard nipple), burp every couple of oz, feed smaller amounts at a time more frequently, and keep her in an upright position 30 mins after she eats (either by holding her or in something with an incline like a bouncy seat)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2009