Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I get over someone?

I developed feelings for a friend. He does not return them. He wants to still be friends, close friends/best friends, like we were. It's hard, I'm trying but I'm really hurting. Is the only way to get over it is to distance myself from him? I kind of wish he was angry about me developing feelings for him but he's not... sigh. Is there any chance that we can stay friends and these feelings can die in me? I doubt that, right?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • The more you invest in him (time, energy, feelings) the more you will give youself false hope. Look up Unrequited Love and read about the torment it produces when you try to remain friends with the one who doesn't return your affections. It sucks (been there done that)

    Answer by admckenzie at 2:34 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

  • put some distance between you and find another person to love. then you can go back to being friends

    Answer by mamak57 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

  • Definitely put some distance and stop talking until you are over him.

    Answer by Pnukey at 8:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.