When did your baby start juice?

How old should my baby be before I start introducing juice? And should you water it down? ....... Even if it's baby juice (like gerber brand)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• at about 4-5 months
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Juice isn't really necessary at all, but if you decide to use it, I would start when they start solids, and yes, water it down. Whenever my kids got juice, it would be like 3 parts water, one part juice, and just occasionally as a treat.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• OP here: My DD is 5 and a half months... and I intend on starting her on baby food next week... I've been doing a lot of research and have a pretty good idea on how I'm gonna do it, but just not sure about the whole juice thing... I know I'm going to wait until I rule out any allergies with the food, so it will be a few weeks before I introduce the juice... but how much do i give? what kind? I got gerber juice already? should I water it down?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I did not give my son juice until one. He has only had juice maybe 5 times and it was very diluted. He is almost 19 months old now. I am not anti-juice, I just would rather give him water or something else to drink. Too much sugar in my opinion. If you do give juice I personally think it is best to water it down atleast half. I usually do 3/4 water, 1/4 juice. If I drink juice, I do the same for myself.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 3:19 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Well, like I said, juice isn't NECESSARY. If you want to offer it, I'd suggest offering 3 parts water, 1 part juice, in a sippy, with meals. (solid food meals). I'm sure since you've researched, you know its best to either nurse, or feed formula first, then offer solids after. Same with juice. You want them to fill up on breast milk or formula before anything else at this age.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:23 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• My doctor said at 4 months I could start juice. I found a juice made for babies/kids that has a full serving of veg/fruits and half the sugar of most juice. It is called First Juice and my daughter loves the carrot/banana and it is organic.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• motts toddler juice is already watered down and only 4oz worth a day my dd got it at 7 months one glass a day 4oz worth
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 3:35 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• My baby is 20 months and ha has only had a splash of juice in his water twice and it was within the last two weeks.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 5:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• the only time my dd got juice was in her cereal and a treat on the weekends. when she got it as a treat we did 2oz juice 2oz water
    katelynsmom22

Answer by katelynsmom22 at 8:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2009