Need 40th birthday party ideas?

My DH will be 40 in Oc. and I need to start thinking about a surprise party. Anybody got any good ideas? I would like to have music and some kind of food but don't want to spend alot of money! He and most of our friends do like to drink so alcohol would be involved! Suggestions? I don't know where to start!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Entertainment

• have a bunch of strip dancers come and dance for him. he will like it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• For my 40th my hubby booked a private cabana at one of the resort hotels/pools in town it cost $100 for the full day and it included food and water and we could have up to 10 guests come and swim, for me it was perfect. So my thinking is what is something he has always wanted to do/have done for his birthday? (Mine was a swim party), Maybe he's always wanted a pinata, a las vegas type night (we did this last year got everything at a 2nd hand store VERY cheap), etc.... if you think about it I'm sure you can come up with something he would really like and get supplies at the dollar store/second hand store
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 3:44 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• You could do a 70's or 80's themed party, have everyone dress in clothes from that era. The 70's invite could be like a groovy themes, funky colors and font. Food is pretty easy, a taco bar or spaghetti buffet are both cheap and filling. Have music from that time, and for favors go online and find the candy that was popular from that time and fill small treat bags with it. Or take large glass vases and fill it with the candy and provide scoops and small bags for your guests to fill. These make great table centerpieces, the candy is colorful and fun to look at in the jars. Fill me in, I'm a party planner, would love to give you more ideas! What kind of stuff does he like? Where did he grow up?
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 3:58 PM on Aug. 29, 2009