Does someone "have to" drink more booze after they are wasted to keep from dying?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Health

• well to keep from dying.....just breathe
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I don't know what the f*** kind of alcoholic gave you that excuse, but no, that is not true.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 3:01 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• hahahaa....iskkra the way i read that, was so funny.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• we're all going to die either way

but yes the more intoxicated a person is the more they are likely to drink another
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:22 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Why did God make people with missing brain cells ?? drink drink drank will do it.
    G-Ma62

Answer by G-Ma62 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Yes. Some people do actually need to drink more in order not to go in to shock and die. This is true. However, this only is that case after years of constant alcohol abuse and with the proper rehabilitation these people can live a normal life again.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Unfortunately this is something my DH's family has experienced the hard way recently. My BIL has lived at the bottom of a bottle for almost 10 years. It has torn his life to nothing. He couldn't work or even sleep because his alcohol addiction was so bad. He would work doing odd jobs for family friends just long enough to earn a bottle. IF he didn't drink he would be sick. He never slept unless he passed out from the alcohol. For the last 6 years he has lived off the kindness of his family (mostly my DH as he lives in our basement) because most of them are also addicts. As the rest of the gets clean my BIL was slowly loosing their support and they were no longer making sure he had his daily half gal. of liquor. He ran out of money for booze on a Friday, on Saturday evening, his body went in to shock and he had a seizure. cont...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:56 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• All these girls are making good points about a severe, SEVERE alcoholic "needing" alcohol to survive, but your question makes it sound as though someone told you that once they start drinking, they "can't just have one beer" or they will die. And that is completely different than what these ladies are talking about. I think more clarity in the question would help us answer you better.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 4:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• What they are saying is what I am asking about. He was wasted lastnight and kept insisting on needing more booze or he would die but I wouldnt take him...he said it was either that or sex and I wouldnt give him either. He woke up just fine this morning but I am sure he went straight to the store and got some as soon as I left. I was just wondering if it was all in his head or if he was serious about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• He spent the next few days in an ICU hospital bed. Had he been alone, he would have died. After a 6 week rehab stay, he is now clean, but medicated and just bairly getting back to life... It's hard, but it can happen with hard work!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:38 PM on Aug. 29, 2009