I need advice on updating a resume-something serious but creative.

My husband recently lost his job and I need to go back to work after being a stay at home Mom for nearly a decade!! My resume was great-ten years ago, but who cares what I did that long ago. I want to add all the stuff I've been doing for my own family - scheduling and the like in an appropriate and rather entertaining way- any suggestions???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• Domestic Engineer for the past 10 years. Job description: Able to keep appointments on time. If they played ball or other extra curriculum add that...always prompt and ready to do the task..eager to learn and adapt...budget money department...good luck I'm sure other's will have a better idea
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 3:35 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• If your looking for a desk job you can go online and take a typing test and give an actual number for: I type ____ many words per minute.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 10:31 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Stay at home moms have many great skills that employers value: time management, budgeting, logistics, etc.

I do career and job search coaching, and I am always happy to help Cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep. Feel free to contact me directly. –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 8:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2009