How Can I Get My 11 Year Old To Clean Her Room?

How can I get my 11 year old to clean her room?I give her consequences but she really doesn't care because she knows she will eventually get her things back,but that's not the point.She just needs to know a faster easier way to clean her room.

CCCurstynn

Asked by CCCurstynn at 3:49 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Don't let her go anywhere except school unless her room is clean.
    CupOfJoy

Answer by CupOfJoy at 3:50 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• stick to what you say be firm and strict! say what you mean when you say it and do not give in! tell her she cannot come out of the room until it is clean..AND MEAN IT!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I meant to put fun in between fast and easy
    CCCurstynn

Answer by CCCurstynn at 3:51 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• well not everything is fun in life, and she needs to learn that. especially when it comes to resonsibility.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• She doesn't care what I do she just won't clean her room.She will do every BUT clean her room.
    CCCurstynn

Answer by CCCurstynn at 4:01 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• The rule for my 11 year old step son is he can't come out of his room except for dinner and school until his room is clean (once he is told to clean it). The first two days he did not come out of his room because he refused to clean. Then the third day he was tired of being in his room and now he cleans it quickly whenever asked because he knows we are not going to give in on the rules.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 4:02 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• She doesn't care what I do,whether it's grounding her from her computer,T.V,going to a friend's house.She doesn't care not one bit.I know she needs to learn responsibility.And I can't use the "Clean Up Song" anymore.She will do EVERYTHING but clean her room.And I can't be strict with her because she will get mad and mess up her room even more.
    CCCurstynn

Answer by CCCurstynn at 4:08 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• you HAVE to put your foot down...my daughter is a stubborn as yours is....i sent her up to her room one day around 10am to clean her room and told her i had to see some improvement before lunch or else she just gets bread and water....well guess what...she got mad at me and had thrown stuff around...so i stuck to my guns...she got a piece of bread and water...well around 2 i checked and she a done a TINY bit..i let her have a yogurt, and told her her room HAD to be done by dinner or else she had to wait for dinner till her room was done...well she FINALLY got dinner around 7pm... but do you know what? even though it was a hellish day for me and her....now when i ask...she goes and does it...like today i sent her to her room to clean and she said "okay" and went! bout an hour later she came down! i even went up and checked her closet and under thier beds to make sure she didnt clean the lazy way! lol she did good
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Dont give her her things back until the room is clean to your standards
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 4:13 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• sounds like she walks you. you need to walk her. like i mean that as in put your foot down, she has you right where she wants you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2009