What did you think of Edward Kennedy's speech?

I really was moved when he said that neither Democrat or Republican is anything more than a person that loves their country. Do you think that is true? Why or why not? I feel reminded that no matter what, even if we disagree on the means, we wall want the same direction.

urkiddingright

Asked by urkiddingright at 4:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I watched it and I almost broke into tears. I watched last night to and he was a real person to that family and he has done alot of good in his life whatever his politics he tried to do what he felt was best.
    robinsi2000

Answer by robinsi2000 at 4:31 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I think anyone who has concern for their country, it's truly out of love. I know my concerns are..
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:23 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• when did he make this speech?....he's dead ya know!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Sorry, I should have added Jr. I forgot. My bad.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 4:25 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I didn't hear the speech. But I disagree, we don't want the same thing. Liberals and conservatives have completely opposite ideas of what this country is and what it should be. But, I am sure it is love for the country that motivates many. So I do understand that it was love for our nation, but we have opposite views of what that country should be!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:28 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• yeah, well, I love money, doesn't mean I go and rob a bank or steal from someone else!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• OP, we DON"T all want the same direction for this country. That is why the parties can't get along.

Democrats and Republicans may both love their country, they just have very different visions of that country.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:30 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• DON"T all want the same direction for this country

We don't? I thought we all wanted our country to be successful and strong.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 2:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2009