Why are people so upset by Ted Kennedys death?

Correct me if Im wrong but if someone is DUI and kills someone they go to prison for manslaughter.. Right? I've seen it many times over the years. So when Ted Kennedy killed that girl while DUI why wasn't he sent away... Then when he removed his nephew after he raped a girl on the beach and protected him, also called aiding and abetting.. He still didn't get into trouble.. Hmmm? I don't know why people are so upset. I saw random people on the news bawling. He seemed like nothing more than a criminal to me. If someone in prison who had killed someone while DUI died no one would be crying (with exception to loved ones, but im talking about random people)... So Why in the world are people so upset?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I didnt know the guy, so am I upset? Not personally. I feel for his family and friends though who have lost a loved one.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:34 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• He is part of the Kennedy family so to some people that in it self is a big deal! I personally am not upset I feel bad for his family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• What he did was long long ago and has no reflection on all of the good work he has done. I don't condone his actions OR the actions by those who let it slide.
    People are saddened by his death because of the infinite amount of good work he has done for the disadvantaged and under privileged; because he never gave up the call to public service when he COULD have led a life of leisure; because he was intricately involved with his family and all of the children left fatherless when his 2 brothers were killed.

People are saddened because he was a politician for the people.
    auroragold

Answer by auroragold at 4:40 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Because they're compassionate.

I don't think his nephew raped that woman. I watched the entire trial and I wasn't convinced. I'm not a fan of people getting off bc they're but in this case I think he was innocent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I think it's the same reason people were so upset about Micheal Jackson personally i don't care!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I'm not upset at all. He should have been sent to jail years ago for manslaughter for killing that girl and running away. Can't believe he was even a senator. I guess money gets you out of anything and buys you a senate seat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I feel for our country. We lost one of the last few men that actually saw value in everyone and everything. I am scared for the day Orin Hatch passes away, because our government will be lost without those two great men.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 4:59 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• "I feel for our country. We lost one of the last few men that actually saw value in everyone and everything. I am scared for the day Orin Hatch passes away, because our government will be lost without those two great men. "

I agree, he did alot of good in this country. He was like a father to so many in his own family. He will definately be greatly missed, R.I.P. Ted Kennedy
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 5:05 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Perhaps his senate seat was bought - maybe, maybe not. But while he held the seat - he authored and got more bills passed than any other senator. He WORKED his entire time in the senate...........
    auroragold

Answer by auroragold at 5:13 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Ted was in an accident that killed the girl--he did not actually kill her. And the girl who cried rape was after fame and fortune....his nephew was fair game to the girl. Women have been known to lie ....what about the woman/hooker who accused the Duke team of rape and was proven to be a liar. The Kennedy family has been a target and some have been killed themselves. Ted Kennedy was a hard working and caring Senator.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Aug. 29, 2009