Have you ever had problems with group owners on here?

I was kicked out of a group that I participated in every day, started no drama. I am a quiet person for the most part and it was a photo group and I posted my photos (I 'm an amateur photographer) and caused no trouble for anyone. Group owner was always leaving me messages saying she was so happy with my participation and my photo's. Two days ago she left me a nice message. Today I go to sign into my group and it says I have been blocked from the group and she also blocked me from her mail. WTH??? She gave me NO reason for any of this and for the life of me I don't know why she did this. I was in tears when I found out because I enjoyed the group. Should group owners have a responsiblity to talk to people before they kick them out for no reason? I think it's really childish & irresponsible on her part not to talk to me if she thought there was a problem. What do you think? Should CM monitor these group owners and rules more

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I was blocked from a group a while back and I still have no idea what I did. I didn't get any explanation, I just went to check the messages and it said I was blocked from the group. I contacted the group owner to find out why I was blocked and she said she didn't know and added me back. I went in and my posts had been removed, so I reposted the info and the owner even made a positive comment about my reply. Then one of the admins told the group owner that I "badmouthed" her or something like that. I know I didn't badmouth anyone but didn't have any proof because the admin who removed me also deleted my post before the group owner even saw what was actually said. For a while I was paranoid about it & kept copies of all my posts in case this happened again! I don't think CM should monitor the group owners, but I do wish that particular issue had been handled differently by that group owner.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 1:30 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• Hahah.. Well, not towards ME.. but i've seen group owners and admins use their power to their priveldge. It was a certain debate group that the owners/admins seemed to think it was a grand idea to attack the rare republican/conservatives. Soon I saw the ONLY outspoken "righty" mysteriously kicked out of the group and I never saw what she did wrong. I know she was kicked because she sent a message to my inbox telling me so. That's why I dont participate in the political posts in that group. It's a lost cause!

Oh and i'm going anonymous here because if I post with my real screenname i'm sure i'll give the group away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Is there anyone else in the group you can ask why?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Yes there are a couple people that I am going to ask but they are gone for the weekend. They may or may not know but I am going to try my best to find out. I'm wondering if someone who was losing contests and knew the owner wanted me kicked out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Yeah, there's a particular group that's owned by a name every single cafemom member should be familiar with...it's the first name you see when join. Her and her admins selectively allow a large portion of her group to violate not only the group rules, but those of cafemom, as well. They don't do or say anything to them, but when someone reports them, guess who gets kicked out? It doesn't do any good to complain or report it because they're the Cafemom Team. It's wrong, and it sucks. But what are you gonna do when there's nobody above them to go to? I guess we could boycott their advertisers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I had an issue with a group I was in as a result of the group owner. It was a debate group but if you disagreed with her she would get mad and personally attack you then lock the post so you couldnt respond. This happened to me and several others, and I left the group because of it.
    Now, for the GO"s, no i dont think they should have to tell someone why they have been kicked out. They are groups and the "leadership" of that group reserves the right to have who they want as members. Now, I have seen alot of them be very "cliquey" and tend to avoid those.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:59 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• well if you have no idea what happened then you should dig dipper and find out what you can do. They should HAVE TO give you a reason for kicking you out. I mean come on this is a place for wemon/ mothers to go to vent and enjoy themselves. Good luck.
    stormy191

Answer by stormy191 at 7:12 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• No stormy, apparantly they DON'T "have" to tell you their reasoning. I suppose they get a big head because they're group owners, woo hoo, BFD. Any time I've had a problem with a member of any of my groups, I send them a PM explaining the problem, then if they continue, I lock or delete the thread. If they continue being a problem, then I'll remove them from the group. But I enforce my group guidelines FAIRLY. I don't care who you are, if you violate them, you get told, and/or booted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Believe it or not, I got banned from conservative republican group for telling them they were full of chit on a gay hate post. After I went and checked out the profile of the owner, I am glad because it was more or less a group of hate mongers,.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:43 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I don't understand the whole concept of "owning" a group. Just because you thought up what isn't really an original idea of people networking in an area of interest doesn't make you an owner. False sense of self-imposed power.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2009