Reminder: Today is the day that my town was destroyed.

New Orleans is a woman that can't be kept down. She is standing up taller everyday and she will rise again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It is the anniversary of katrina. I completely forgot about it. It has been four years. WOW
    ellies3boys

Answer by ellies3boys at 5:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I remember it well. We live in East Texas,and got quite a few evacuees here. They were still here,when just a few weeks later, Hurricane Rita threatened the Texas Coast. So, here came more evacuees, our city's population pretty much doubled overnight. Then, Rita hit here! It was a mess. I do feel bad for the New Orleans residents, we still have some here, who decided to just stay and not go back.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Good Luck to you. Just read Bobby Jindal saying good things are happening now thanks to the new admin and the untying of some hands and red tape!

Hope things move faster!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:28 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Texas has a special place in my heart. But it wasn't home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I voted for Obama and Jindal. Good men, with good care.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

I know Jindal got some bad press for his prime time debut but I have heard he's been doing good things in LA....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Man I love NO it is a great place. I actually really dig Jindal, he seems to have NO's best interest at heart.

You live in a wonderful city that has been one of my favorite spots for a long time. Hope you and yours are doing well.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 5:47 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Never been.. but I hear it's slowly becoming the beautiful place it once was. My mom went down there to volunteer for a couple weeks after Katrina hit. Even though she suffers from PTSD from the experience of smelling/seeing dead human bodies and animals, she wouldnt change what she did for the world!
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 6:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• "Just read Bobby Jindal ..."

He's a moron...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I was just watching a special on New Orleans and how the people were forgotten. I have over the years watched many shows about the rebuilding and how many wards are still nothing but rubble. It seems the federal government has still refused to step up to the plate to help these folks. I have heard of private, non federally funded groups, have seem to get some things done, as much as they can.
    TinasTribe

Answer by TinasTribe at 6:49 PM on Aug. 29, 2009