Anyone else feel like this?

Sometimes I feel like I've lost myself. I have two young boys...one is almost 3 and the other is 2 months. It's like everything I do is for them and my husband. Idk, just was sitting here trying to remember who the heck I am and what did I used to like to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yeah I feel like that too. everything I do is for my kids and my husband, and I feel like nothing for myself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• i think that's why women fought so hard to be equal in the workplace, to avoid this stay at home syndrome crap, in my opinion women are the real providers for the family by taking care of those they love. that's something so much more important than a conventional job.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:08 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I feal like that too, and just the other week i decide i fianlly was going to start doing things for myself. For example saturdays are my day i sleep in and my husband takes care of the kids and if we have money i go to get my nails and toes done. mon - friday i go right after dinner to work out and he takes the kids to the park, and i decide that i was going to start trying to make the dreams i had when i was little come true i want to be an actress so that is something else im doing for myself. My husband has no clue what has gottin into me cause i never use to do nothing for myself and its bout time i do. I had dreams and things i liked to do before kids and im going to try my best to make it happen and still be the best mom i can be.
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 5:09 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• thats all i do i dont no everything else never got to do anything else
    TeenMom711

Answer by TeenMom711 at 5:59 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I feel the same way been really depressed today about it. I feel like beyond my husband and 3 boys I have no life. I miss having adult time and going out with friends. Ya know doing things for me once in a while.
    stormy191

Answer by stormy191 at 7:02 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Have been there myself and it won't last forever. We will always lose a little bit of ourselves when we become moms because we believe that our family will fall apart if we aren't there to take care of everything at every moment! My husband is the best and he has always encouraged me to take time for myself, go out with my girlfriends, whatever I wanted to do. And I had to learn that it was okay for me to do so! Guess what , nothing awful happened! And I was happier and recharged after dinner or just coffe with my friends or sisters. Even now and my kids are older, sometimes I just go get coffee and sit alone with my thoughts or read or whatever when I am feeling as you do! Don't feel bad about how you are feeling it happens to more women than you realize.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 7:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Going through the same thing, I just told my husband that I feel like I have lost myself, my light and my sparkle. All the things that I used to enjoy I don't enjoy anymore, I think that the kids just sap it out of me! I know what you are going through, hang in there, it will pass!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 9:52 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• "I feel like I have lost myself, my light and my sparkle."

Took the words right out of my mouth. I think I'm coming back though. I'm taking an on campus course. The grandparents are watching the baby one night a week so I can go and it's WONDERFUL. Totally nerve wracking but wonderful. I'm taking my other classes online.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:35 PM on Aug. 29, 2009