she won't take a bottle

My daughter is 5 months old she is losing interest in her bottle. The only time she takes it without a problem is when she wakes up in the middle of the night. Every other time she pushes it away with her hands when she sees it. I have to rock her to sleep while she sucks her thumb and when is finally asleep I take her thumb out of her mouth and her the bottle at which point she will take the whole bottle which is usually anything from 5 to 7 ounces depending on what time of day it is. I think that the problem is that she would much rather have solids than the formula. Anyone have any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried a sippy cup? Or even a regular cup...she might just be getting bored with it...or she simply isnt hungry. She is only 5 months old she should definitly still be getting breast milk/formula before you are even offering her solids. Don't offer her solids until she has had a bottle.
    newmama008

Answer by newmama008 at 5:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I wouldnt just switch to all solids. Find a good sippy cup and put the formula in it. You should only be giving her about 1 serving of baby food a day at this age. She might take it back too , babies are funny like that!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 5:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I always give her the bottle before offering solids. She doesn't always get up in the middle of the night for a bottle and even on the nights that she sleeps throught the night she resists the bottle in the morning. she should be hungry because she goes to bed at 8pm and wakes up at 6am.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• try getting the beginners sippy cup and put formula in it and along with that start introducing solids at breakfast time.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 5:49 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• She gets solids at breakfast time already.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Usually they solids if the liquids aren't filling them up, if they need MORE food. If she isn't taking the formula, then cut out the solids until a few more weeks down the road. She needs the nutrition more than the "filler".
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2009