Should I take my babies to see thier father?

I post this question under religion because as christians we're supposed to be forgiving. Back in the day my baby's father had gotten into some trouble for "trappin" if you know what I mean. Any ways while he was in jail I would send him pics of our children and keep him updated on all that goes on in thier lives. But I have never actually thought about him getting out of jail. While in jail he to has accepted Jesus as his lord and savior but this is not the first time he has claimed this. But at the sametime he's more than an ex con he's father of my children should I allow him into their lives?

Tishanti

Asked by Tishanti at 5:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• let me share what a friend who was cheated on said about forgiveness after discussing this with her pastor. She said that God wants us to forgive, not to forget or actually be ok with the trespass, but to leave it to God to judge. We can still protect ourselves or make choices while taking the trespass into consideration. But we're letting go of the negativity in our hearts because we're leaving it for God to judge. So what I take that to mean is that you should protect your children. Depending on the circumstances, it may not be ok for him to visit them or maybe it should be supervised. It kind that you want to keep him in the loop but be smart about it. I don't think there is anything morally wrong with protecting your children, even from their father. He knew he was a father when he made his choice so this isn't on you.

mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 12:02 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• "trappin"...???? What does that mean exactly...kinda need to know what he did in order to make a decision in my opinion...sorry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• selling drugs
    Tishanti

Answer by Tishanti at 5:28 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I agree with anon...I guess it depends on his crime..obviously if he murdered someone or sexually abused someone i would even talk to the perv. But I dont know what trappin is
    newmama008

Answer by newmama008 at 5:28 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• that shouldn't even be a crime. supervised visits are probably fine
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:30 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Hmmm..... Was he doing drugs? Do you think he'll go back to doing/selling drugs when he gets out? People can change and I'd say if he wants to be a part of their lives he should.
    newmama008

Answer by newmama008 at 5:30 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I would be worried that he will get back into his old habit and my children would be exposed to his irresponsible and wreckless behavior. Drug trafficking is nothing to take lightly, and not only that, if you have your children around him and he is found in possession again, you could both lose your children and the right to be around them for endangerment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Selling drugs SHOULDN'T be a crime staciandababy??? You must have some very different views on this type of thing, but it most certainly IS a crime and is punishable by law.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I'm sorry stacia i dont want to come off rude....but selling drugs IS a crime and i dont see how it shouldnt be a crime....Did you hear about the "father" that ate his sons eyeballs out of his head because he was on drugs??? And you think it shouldnt be a crime? Think about our children.
    newmama008

Answer by newmama008 at 5:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• OMG....I never heard about that newmama!!!! That is horrifying!!! And yes staciandababy....selling drugs IS and SHOULD be a crime. What the hell is wrong with you????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Aug. 29, 2009