• In the Spotlight:

Baby Shower Games?

Would love some ideas on funny games : ) Thanks!

jalex

Asked by jalex at 5:31 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Entertainment

• I ordered game "kits" from partycity.com
    They are cheap and have a few games in each pack
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 5:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• At my baby shower we blindfolded a person and gave them a bowl filled with rice and those tiny metal saftey pins. The person who found the most pins won!
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 5:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Take the rappers off baby food, pass them around to each person and have them guess what kind they are. They can open them and smell/taste if they want or you can keep them closed and keep them for the baby.
    Fill a jar with candy/pacifiers or just anything and have them guess how many are in the jar.
    That's all I can think of for now.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 5:44 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• One game I loved at mine was get a big bowl put cotton balls in it, blind fold the person, someone stands behind them and holds a bowl on the blindfolded persons head they have a big soup spoon and try to get as many cotton balls into the bowl on their head with out useing their other hand. the person with the most gets a small gift. It is really fun, and cheap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• We had one where we melted chocolate bars on diapers.
    You had to sniff and taste to guess what type they were. lol
    It's particularly disturbing seeing a Snickers bar that looks very much like a poopy diaper, and you have to taste it! :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 5:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I was HUGE (7 mo pg) when I got my shower. We had a big ribbon laid out on the counter and everybody made a mark with their initials next to it trying to guess how big I was. The person who won got a prize. candles or something.

It's not a game, but a nice activity is to get a stuffed animal/pillow/ect that is not fully stitched up. (you can get one from a build-a-bear workshop at the mall, or unstitch one you buy, or buy one from em...I make stuffed animals/creatures) and everybody gets a little paper about the size of a fortune cookie paper and writes a wish or blessing for the baby on it, puts it in the animal/lovie, and then someone sews it up (if you do it double enforce it - so the babe can't possibly break the seam) and they will have their special gift with wishes of love in it.
    BearlyXen

Answer by BearlyXen at 6:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I have seen this played at event other then a baby shower but I why you could not play it at one. Have everyone bring a baby picture of their self and everyone trys to guess who is who. You will be surprise at same of the right answers.
    Alieda

Answer by Alieda at 11:02 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Buy 1 inch plastic baby figurines from your local hobby store. Freeze them individually into ice cube trays so that there is one baby in each ice cube. At the shower place 1 "baby cub" into a cup and pass them out to each of your guests. Announce that the first person to get their baby out of the ice cube has to yell, "My water broke!" and they will win the prize. It is absolutely hysterical to watch all these ladies blowing on their ice cubes, sucking them and holding them in their hands to "free" the baby!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 11:41 AM on Aug. 30, 2009