Are there angels in heaven, such as Gabriel, that never were human?

I just wonder about this because I watched a movie where the angels had waged a war against the humans because they were jealous of humans. We got to experience things that they never did. If this were to be true then wouldn't that also make us different then them when we pass away and get to Heaven. Now, I know that this is just a movie, which is why I'm asking this question on here. IF there are any religious scholars who may know the answer to this question, would you please offer up your expertise. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I personally believe that the angels were created by God and that none of them were ever human.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 5:39 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• So Jamesmommy12, do you also believe that when we humans pass away that we become angels too, or what? Just wondering. Thank you for your response -OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• If you believe the Bible, then no angel was ever human and humans do not become angels. They are seperate created beings.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:42 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• They are completely seperate beings, humans don't become angels and angels were never human.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 5:44 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I believe that we "sleep" until Christ comes and then he takes us to Heaven. But no, we do not become angels. We are actually closer to God than the angels becuase he is our Savior and he never saved the angels.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Biblicly, Angels were never human. Although some did "take human form" they were still never human. And people do not become angels..

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:47 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Thank you all so much. The things that you have said is what I also was thinking. I didn't know if that was correct or not though. I knew that once we died that we were different than the angels because they have never been human. Anyway, now I will explain why i asked this question. I often wonder if there is truly a war waging in heaven between the angels and the humans that have passed on to Heaven. It kind of made me think, maybe that's why little babies die so very young. They are able to go back to Heaven as perfect souls without sin to fight in the war. I don't know if you can understand what I'm getting at and if you think that it sounds crazy then I understand. I've just got all these thoughts going through my mind trying to understand why so many little babies are taken away so young. -OP

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Yes, but I believe they're just waiting for their turn at mortality...like all of us before we were born.

The only "angels" that will never get a turn at that is those that are "angels" of the devil.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Wow, Anon 11, where did you fet this information from. I'm just asking because I've never heard that. I didn't realize that we were all angels before we were born and that all angels will eventually become mortals. Can you give me a reference, please? -OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• *get* not *fet*, sorry -OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2009