Becoming a mother has made me realize...

That it's okay to look like a completely frazzled, battle ready and worn woman at the end of the day... despite my mother's insistence that you must look "presentable" to your husband. :]

What have you ladies realized?

K_Sawyer

Asked by K_Sawyer at 5:40 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've realized that DIRT is NOT going to kill you:) And I'm saying this because after playing in the dirt at the park today...but son fell asleep in the car so i carried him in and put him in bed absoulty covered in dirt! I felt bad about him sleeping in dirt but ITS JUST DIRT!!
    newmama008

Answer by newmama008 at 5:45 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Well, my mom was a pretty good teacher at mothering, but now that my daughter is one year old, I realize that she is not made of glass and she will not break! The first 6 months I was so terrified of SIDS that I couldn't enjoy being a mother like I should have. I will be sure to not make the same mistake with my next child.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• your guy has already seen u at your worst when u delivered your child. there is nothing to be ashamed of if you dont get all cleaned up on a daily basis. Besides taking care of your baby is more important than impressing a guy. If he loves you then he'll understand.
    trentsmommy13

Answer by trentsmommy13 at 6:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Couldn't agree with you more! LOL
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 6:12 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• that i had no clue what I was in for. shoulda listened to mama and grammy. stupid stupid stupid. now stuck. baby is the innocent one and i'm the idiot. like i for real thought that jackass would hang.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2009