im not mean...

im not mean im just standoffish.i dont know what to do.i think people are afraid of me?people that havent wanted to be friends with me are making no attempt of approaching me after i tried to apologize.they never apologized.its like i dont matter.my question is what do i do?how do i become more approachable.how do i make it so people dont see me as the bully..i havent talked to any one all summer and kept to myself but this hasnt worked.dont know what to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Try to find a common interest with people and see how that goes. Are you very opinionated? Sometimes that can deter others from associating with you. Being overly judgemental is also not easy for people to overcome and ignore. It's important that you be yourself and not conform to what others want you to be, but at the same time you do need to try to be sensitive to their feelings, thoughts and beliefs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• op here, I just want love :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• You seem depressed darlin. What you need to do is to learn to love yourself first. Find some things you enjoy doing in your spare time and you will surely meet people who share your interests. Surround yourself with people who can appreciate you for being YOU. Do your best to be approachable and friendly, try to come outside your comfort zone in socializing a little bit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• anon 5;52.....i didnt write that and i am the op......thanks for the encouragment...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Smile, look people in the eye, speak in a gentle voice. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 6:03 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I am not seeing the problem here. I just do not understand people's fascination with what others think of them. I do not care what anyone thinks of me, even my loved ones! If you do not like me for some reason that is your problem, not mine!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 6:25 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• no i am the OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I deal with this a lot I'm black and I have a little girl that's bi-racial. We belong to a lot of playgroups and Mom's groups ,and the area we live in is mostly white. Right in the middle of suburbia. A lot of times they see a black face and they make a judgement about me. When really I'm just like them a SAHM in suburbia driving a minivan and trying to make friends for my daughter and I.. I grew in a very culturally diverse area and I can careless about color. If your a good person standoffish or outgoing I'm giving you a chance. If they don't want to know you forget about them and keep moving... They are prob Judgmental.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Yes smile alot, wear light colors and laugh alot.
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 8:58 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Smile. Just say hello when you go to the grocery store or to the bank. Ask how are you and then wait for the response. Some times people just need an opening.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2009