Why did the God of the Bible create Angles?

Why was he not satisfied with them for company? Are they boring? Daft? Bad conversationalists? What was the purpose of creating man if he already had created beings to love and worship him?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 5:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Why weren't the Angles good enough to be considered 'children'?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 5:56 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Cause he wanted children, that is why he created us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Because sometimes two lines need to intersect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Yes, the Angels were his spirit children...and all of the Angels that serve him have gotten, are getting, or will get their turn at mortality.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Ha ha, anon. You know what she meant.

We don't know everything there is to know about angels. I mean we know what has been revealed to us in the Bible, that they are messengers, helpers, servants, and protectors of God's children. They fight against the evil one, and do God's bidding. We know that they travel about the earth and also report to God in heaven. The Bible also says that certain angels in heaven worship God day and night.

Angels are holy, obedient, knowlegeable (but not omniscient), sinless (unless they are demonic), they are able to communicate in our languages, mighty (but not all-powerful).

I don't know anywhere in the Bible where God declares why He created them, except that it says that all things were created for His pleasure; so He takes delight in them. He did not, however, provide an option for the rebellious ones to be saved (like He did for us).
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Cin, do you know if Angles appear in other religious documents? I mean is there more to the story than what we see in Bible? I know many 'books' were left out because of various reasons, but I was wondering if their story was one of the things that was felt un-needed?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:39 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Psalm 91:11 (King James Version)

11For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 7:09 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• "Because sometimes two lines need to intersect."

Aaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I think I just died a little there.

And I think the whole concept of angels is interesting.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:12 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• When one looks at history we find many major religion's that have been started from angel's. The Jehovah’s Witnesses, Mormonism, Islam and almost anything new is no exception to this. The whole New Age movement receives their information from Spirit guides through channeling and automatic writing. The psychics also receive their impressions by familiar spirits who would be identified as fallen angels. One could even say Christianity has been started from the angel Gabriel who brought the message to Mary, Joseph and the shepherd’s in the field. However, they, nor the apostles did not commune with the angels to get their inspiration for Scripture. Christianity centers on Christ its message content does not come from angels.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:20 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• caitxrawks

"Because sometimes two lines need to intersect."

I was going to say that, on the contrary, I'm sure geometry is of satan. Sorry, couldn't resist. :O)
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 7:41 PM on Aug. 29, 2009