Is Obama spending too much money on health care reform?

link below

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:05 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Obama is spending tooooo much PERIOD!!
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Good point ^
    viridian

Answer by viridian at 6:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• is Obama spending too much ....?

Yes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• That cartoon is out-of-date. The new estimated cost is $26 trillion over 20 years. So, I would say - YES!

frustrated

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Yes he is...period. It will be a horrible mess, cost a ton of money and no one even knows what the damn bill says, let alone be able to implement it. I can't wait until it doesn't pass. I'm not saying health care reform is not needed to some degree but we don't need socialist medicine
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Keep in mind it's taken almost a decade to spend all that money on the war in the east.

It took Obama one month of office to run up a 3 trillion dollar bill on the stimulus package....AND he continues the wars in the middle east.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• here's a better cost comparison:

Whats the real cost?

Obama- Heatlh care $1T to 304,059,724 people / Bush- Iraq war- $3T and 4,340 Fallen Sodliers and 655,000 Iraqi natives including women and children.....

Pick your Poison

viridian

Answer by viridian at 6:23 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Well, if you ladies haven't noticed, we are in two wars now, and Obama is in office. Iraq and Afghanistan. Plus you have the health care bill. The cartoon makes it out like repubs want war when it was congress who pushed for war, and Obama said he was going to bring the troops home, which he HAS NOT, as a matter of fact, he has been sending over to Afghanistan.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Viridian: I think you are comparing apples and oranges. The war(s) were not completely of our choosing. There was a small event which acted as a catalyst to the war(s) - the terrorist attack on our soil on September 11, 2001. Now, what is the exact event you will offer as the catalyst to this largely unwanted pink elephant of a UHC bill? Whether you agree with the war(s) or not, you have to admit they were a response to something. This UHC is just a "Look at me!!!!!! Look what I did! Maybe I'll get the Nobel Prize for Stupidity!" type of bill.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2009