family activities?

my husband's idea of a good time is playing gaming system stuff, fantasy sports and pretty much anything that isn't about family. He does love us and spend time with us etc. he's just a classic guy who has more fun with his buddies. The weather is amazing out and I feel like I'm pulling teeth to get him to do anything. Yes, I can go out with dd alone but I do that every day! Any dad friendly activities out there? Its been rainy so parks are out and he never agress to take a walk. I'm going crazy and getting in a bad mood :(

mrs_pulley

Asked by mrs_pulley at 6:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• How about bowling?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I feel the same way when it comes to getting my DH to go anywhere with us. He works late and then sleeps until noon or 1pm. He sometimes takes Sundays off, but rarely. He is his own boss and so i feel like he needs to make fam. time. When we do go out we usually go to the park together. We live by 2 little amusement parks as well so we try to go to both at least once during the summer. We have 3 boys 4 and under so i don't get to take them to the partk much. It is too hard by myself to watch 3 little ones. I do take them to a place called Idlewild park, but that is only if someone is with me---and it's usually a friend and her child. My boys also like to run around the yard with daddy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Google your town or city and see what events are coming up. Festivals, petting zoos. Im not sure where you live. Sometimes the local libraries have family movie nights or storie tellers. The playground should be a family activity. .............My hubby does all the pushing of swings. LOL

Try miniture golf too.
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• My husband loves watching sports on TV and if it was for him that's all he would do but my dd and I need him to spend family time with us too. My husband has a crazy work schedule so I have to find the right time to ask him to go down to the park with us to play baseball, football, softballtennis, etc. At first he is reluctant but once we convice him I can tell he really enjoys it. He ends up thanking us for all the fun. I am not athletic at all, I don't like football but just to get my husband to spend quality time with my daughter and I is well worth the sacrifice. He loves golf, I don't but my daughter and I go with him once in a while again just for the reward of spending family time together. You get the idea, right? Find something your husband enjoys, it'll motivate him. It works both ways, we do what he enjoys and other times he does what we enjoy. I hope this helps a little.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Aug. 29, 2009