What would you do if your 13 year old went to a sleepover and came back with a haircut?

Mine did just this. The hair cut isn't bad, but what makes me angry is she didn't ask permission. I would have been okay with it had she asked permission and id given some guidlines to the cut.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I'd say after 13 it's pretty much downhill from there. Really it could have been worse.good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• i think i'd be more upset with the parents of that child than i would of my kid. going with getting a hair cut or makeover etc any 13 yr old is gonna do, the adults should have made sure it was ok w/u first
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:02 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• i have a new 17yo and a 21yo and a 25yo. Youngest a girl, then middle a girl, and oldest a boy.

Well dd is 13 and that's the age of exploration starting strong. Hair grows back. Be glad its not a tatoo or drugs. Be glad that she didn't come home with a baby.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 7:03 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• vabchmommy.... The parents didn't know! The kids had their Nanny take them.. ugh! I posted a question about the nanny yesterday when the Nanny(not the parents) picked my kid up! pfft really a 13 yo with a nanny is still beyond me.. especially if the parents are home
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I would have come unglued!

I also would have a serious talk with that little girl's parents. Nanny or no nanny, if they are going to host my daughter, they better pay a little more attention to what's going on.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 7:09 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I have a friend who has a nanny for their 14 year old - called not a nanny but an au pair who lives in. If their are kids younger than your dd's friend's age as siblings not so strange if both or one parent works a lot!!!

My dd when she was about 6 when to a friend's house behind ours - the mother was home and an aunt. well my dd came home with ink drawing on her breasts!!!!!! letmetelllyall a 13 yo getting a surprise haircut is nothing compared to what I found on my dd chest!!!

I called up and gave her h&!! and told her kids could play at my house from then on but not at theirs. Kids played at my house.

Some battles are worth fighting other's really not so important meaning the hairCUT. I'd bitch more about going out without you the mom being told than about a hairCUT that grows back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• It will be a learning experience for her. If the hair doesn't look good then she'll suffer the consequences of poorly cut hair. If it does look good then it should be OK.

Answer by Bmat at 8:18 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I'd ask the friends parents why the nanny was watching her instead of them? I'f they are home why pay a nanny? I mean I had a nanny up until I was 14 but I also had five younger brothers and sisters and my father was a single parent. But geez. My father wouldn't let me stay at my friends house if her nanny was watching us because she didn't get payed to watch me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I honestly wouldn't care unless it was really extreme. If all my kid does is get a haircut without permission, I am doing good. Just think, she could be having sex, doing drugs or being a gang member. Be grateful it was just a haircut.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:42 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I would not care if the haircut was acceptable, if it was some thing I would approve of- my son would be in trouble. At 13 they are old enough to advocate for themselves. (he is 14 BTW) He knows our rules apply no matter where he is!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 11:34 PM on Aug. 29, 2009