My 7 week old was just hospitalized last week for 3 days with viral meningitis and the last 2 days he has been screaming and crying all day...whats wrong?

Last week I had to call 911 b/c my then 6 week old had a fever of 103, he was hospitalized for 3 days and then sent home. Since yesterday he's been fussy and screaming like painful screams but he doesn't have a temperature and he's been eating well. Today it sounds like he's losing his voice or its real raspy, my cousin whos a nurse, said it could be from screaming all day yesterday or that he's getting a cold. Has anyone else had a newborn that is this sickly, what should i do, he doesnt have a temperature but he's screaming like something is bothering him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With him being so young I would call your pediatrican or bring him back in to be looked at. Sounds to me like he still feels sick and might have something else going on... maybe more of the virus that caused the meningitis.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Oh, i am so sorry to hear you and your little one are going through all of this. My heart goes out to you. I think he may be loosing his voice due to the crying. I know spinal meningitis is painful in the neck and back. Can you call a Dr. on call? Do you have infant tylenol to give him or whatever it was they perscribed him for pain. I will keep you guys in my prayers!!!!
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Yes i gave him infant tylenol an hour and a half ago but he's still fussing. I dont know what to do!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2009