what would you do??

Today is my oldest sons birthday, he is turning five. well family called this afternoon and said that they would be here just after five. I called them again at 5:50 and they said that they did not know what time they would be here since they were just starting to make supper. they said that they would call back in a few minutes that was over 30 minutes ago and still no call.

would you wait for them until seven and then have cake if they dont show up anyways or just have cake and tell them that they missed out since your kid did not want to have to wait anymore??

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 8:25 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am so sorry my friend :(  I would enjoy the cake, ice cream, and gifts without them. That was very disrespectful of them to treat your family this way. I am so very sorry they have done this. Telling you that they would be at your house just after five o'clock and then delaying it until eight or nine is so rude. Forget them and have a wonderful time. I wish we could be there to celebrate with you.

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 8:53 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Go on with the party. That's pretty ignorant of them that you've been waiting on them. That would be last time I'd invite them.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I would definitely go on with the party! You told them what time to be there and if they miss out than surely they would understand knowing that they are very late anyway!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Care on with the party it is about your son and his day. If they want to take there sweet old time then it is there lost not yours. You are there with him and this is not his fault or yours that they haven't showed. What they are doing is disrespectful and childish. I would let them know that at another time. If they do choose to show up and have something to say about not waiting then tell them that it is your sons day not about them about your child.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:35 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Your child comes first what does he want? I would hope by now you have celebrated and he received everything he wanted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• OOPS I meant to say "carry on" Sorry my bad.

Happy birthday to your son and have a great night.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• here is an up date they finally called and said it will be after 8 maybe nine and then my brothers girlfriend asked if that was ok. like she wants us to say no so that she doesnt have to come over for cake. but when it was her daughters birthday last week they called (not to invite us) and said that no one showed up for her daughters birthday could we please come over. we dropped every thing and went right over with gifts!!

mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 8:44 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I would call them back and say sorry but we are gonna be putting him to bed and why don't we just plan something for another night. Thanks anyway.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• When they didn't show up at 5, I would have had the cake. I wait for NO ONE. It is my child's birthday and as long as he is there, the party goes on. If someone is rude enough to not show up on time, they don't get special treatment. Family or not. Your family is extremely rude to do what they did. I would call them back and tell them you already had the party and that if they can't be on time, they won't be invited again.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:52 PM on Aug. 29, 2009