what do you think when you see...

kids at the store hair a mess dirty faces and clothes that look very old /wore out and dont really fit and like show your kids nipples or something cause its 2 big or a lil kid w/o a shirt even just shorts in the store

peytonJJ27

Asked by peytonJJ27 at 8:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Parents are possibly broke or just don't care either wayit's very sad :(

toledoohiomom

Answer by toledoohiomom at 8:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• their parents need to pay more attention to their appearance. even if they arn't purposely neglecting them they shouldnt go out in public looking a mess. i always make sure my son is clean and has nice clothes, at home hes in a onesie though
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I would think that the parents need to spend a little more time making sure their children are clean. The kids are a reflection of the parents.. after all kids that little don't know better.. to clean themselves, worry about clothes fitting properly. Lazy parents. At first maybe I thought broke.. but being broke has nothing to do with washing their little faces with water.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 9:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I guess it would depend on were you live, rurally it wouldn't be uncommon to see kids looking like they are dragging the fields with them...it's every where so trying to keep them clean would be a 24 hour job.

But if I was in town and saw kids like that I would think poor, but I would not judge the parents, I don't know what is going on in thier lives at that moment.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:09 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• true most people would think poor but recently i had to take my baby's onesie off because he had thrown up all over it. I felt the eyes of people in the store judging me because my son didn't have anyclothes on. A simple lesson i learned was to make sure you always have several extra outfits in the diaper bag even if you are just going into the store for five minutes. But don't be so quit to judge people.
    trentsmommy13

Answer by trentsmommy13 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I would think maybe the kids were playing outside and their mom didn't want them to get dirty in their nice clothes, so she put them in their play clothes. She probably didn't see the need to make them all pretty for the public's approval, then have them come home and change AGAIN so the kids can go back to playing. Or maybe it was laundry day, so the kids wore some older clothes, and she had to run out and buy more laundry supplies. Completely disrupting the kids from play time.

Remember the saying "never judge a book by it's cover"? You don't know why these kids look the way they do, and you're ignorance shows when you automatically assume they're poor, or the mother is neglectful and doesn't care if the kids look like hot messes. My kids get DIRTY at school. It's like they're a magnet for dirt, paint, and markers. I'm not going to stop at home to pretty them up before going to the store to please others.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:38 AM on Aug. 30, 2009