Does anyone know how to cure or treat eczema?

What can I use for my 3 yr old son?

shala335

Asked by shala335 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Health

• Use Dove soap and put Dove lotion on when you get out of the shower. Sometmes the perfume in the soaps and lotion can set it off. Other than that, just itch medicine.
    ayers65

Answer by ayers65 at 8:49 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• You can use hydrocorazone cream 1% don't use it on his face but the rest of his body is fine and do that for a week 2X a day and rub it in good. My 15 month old DD has the same problem and that's what her doctor told us to use on her and it works great. Even if it clears up before the week is up cont. useing it.

Hope that helps you.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:50 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Ivory soap and Aquaphor lotion. That stuff works awesome for Eczema. My son gets Eczema and when he was a toddler, the doc gave me some steroid cream and it burned his face, so I tried Aquaphor and it cleared it up better than the steroid cream with no burning. Also, Aquaphor works great on chapped lips.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:24 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• ucerin calming cream is great too.. also washing in the aveeno baby wash is good, i use that on my dd
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:48 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• um you cant cure eczema. your son will have it for the rest of his life. AVENNO. have u atken him to the dermatologist yet
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 6:32 PM on Aug. 30, 2009