Roaches in my kids rooms what can I do?

Our house is kept clean, the kids rooms have toys on the floor but no food, no wet or dirty clothes yet I have found a bunch of roaches( the big ones) in their rooms the last few days. I am so fustrated. They are also in my hall bathroom which is cleaned every 2-3 days. I am going to call my landlord to have them spray but what else can I do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Move.

LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Raid. thats all I got until you can get it sprayed. Or, you know those ant killer house looking things....i think they have them for roaches too.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:04 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• The landlord should spray not only your place but all adjoining places also. Roaches don't understand individual homes, if a place is attached to another place they all are infested.

Answer by Bmat at 9:08 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Spray and traps for now, but make your landlord call an exterminator. Do you live in an apartment building or duplex? Where we used to live out neighbors were not so clean people (very nice though) and they had roaches so we had roaches, it was pretty gross.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• for now until your landlord deals with it you can get raid bombs and let them off in their room and after the bomb is finished go back in their with a can or raid spray and spray any remaining ones...it may take a couple times of doing but it will work for a temporary fix
    jessiesosore

Answer by jessiesosore at 9:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• The roach gel stuff that you put into any cracks works the best out of anything you can buy. Right now I cant think of what its exactly called but I know its about 8 bucks a tube. (maybe made by Combat or Raid) You put it into any cracks, window edges, door edges, bathroom cracks,etc., anywhere the kids cant touch it. Its a gel stuff that sticks right where you put it, sorta like a caulking, and when the roaches crawl through it they eat some of it and take it back to the nest where it kills the rest of the roaches. And yes, if you live next to other people that have roaches they will come into your house too, even if you arent attached, Ive heard of people living in single houses and when one person sprays the roaches move next door for a bit. The gel stuff works best, it WILL get rid of the roaches.
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 9:34 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• boric acid too.
    GoddessHeatherM

Answer by GoddessHeatherM at 10:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I live in a duplex but the other side is vacant right now they are renovating it. I will have to head to the store today and get some of the things you ladies posted thanks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Aug. 30, 2009