My two month old will not nap but is tired

I am trying to get my son to nap, he is tired but is fighting it pretty hard. I will rock him to sleep then wait a little after he has fallen asleep but every time I try to put him he wakes up and acts like he is fully awake. Is there anything I can do to keep him sleep longer than 15 to 20 mins??? Or is this just normal?

HuntersMama09

Asked by HuntersMama09 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• he is not crying so its not too much of a big deal
    HuntersMama09

Answer by HuntersMama09 at 8:58 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Try not rocking him to sleep and laying him down before he falls asleep. Otherwise I don't know what to suggest. Poor little guy!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:03 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• get in bed with him, turn the lights down and read or sing to him, that was the only thing that worked for a boy i used to babysit.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I always put my kids down to sleep drowsy but still awake, that way I didn't have to worry about them waking when they hit the sheet.

Answer by missanc at 10:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• My son did the same thing! He will eventually give in to naps! He is just very alert and interested in the world around him!~ Don't sweat it! As long as he sleeps ok at night he should be fine! Swaddling works wonders!
    AidensMommy20

Answer by AidensMommy20 at 11:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2009