• In the Spotlight:

Im pregnant and I feel so alone....help me please :-[

Im 7moths pregnant, and I dont work, finding out i was pregnant took me out of the job field. My SO works damn near every day 6 to 4. Then about 3 to 4 times a week he go's out with his friends. Im feeling more and more alone. And I understand that he needs his own time to unwind, but Im ALWAYS ALONE, and its really starting to depress me. I dont have a car and neither do the few friends i have. he always says that we cant afford to go eat diner or go to a movie but he always finds a way to buy beer or go out. Im tierd of crying by myself, waking up and going to sleep by myself, eating lunch by myself. It just sucks horribly and im border line depressed. what can I do to make this better...what do i say to him...

moodymommy193

Asked by moodymommy193 at 9:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Look on here for moms that live near you. Maybe you could make some friends to give you some company. :)
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:08 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• have you tried just telling him how you feel? you being stressed out and depressed is not good for your baby. when you are stressed your body produces a hormone called cortisal and if you're stressed for long periods of time it will affect the health of your baby and you. let him know how badly you need him to be there for you.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Tell him he needs to step up and act like a better man and that the baby is going to come soon and you need all the support you can get from him. Let him know that your sick of crying for him! good luck!!
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 9:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I would deff talk to your SO, explain to him how he is making you feel. try to discuss ways to spend time together BEFORE the baby comes. explain to him that you would like to spend ime with him, even if it's just playing an old board game! :) (me and my SO do that all the time, when we dont have money to go out)

My SO always wants to spend time with his friends too, but we sat down and discussed how it made me feel, as i have very little friends and he has tons that he was always hanging out with. now he makes time for me and his friends.

hope this helps.

EmilyAnn1012

Answer by EmilyAnn1012 at 9:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• wow harsh effie777 ! you cant just attack him, or he's not going to even try and understand or listen!!
    EmilyAnn1012

Answer by EmilyAnn1012 at 9:28 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• WOW! u thought that was harsh?? umm okay...
    All I am saying is she is alone and PREGNANT she is crying all the time & eats by herself.
    She dose not need this.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 9:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• effie777......I totally understand what youre saying I just know that if I approach with the whole "step up and be a man" line it will make things worse. i would rather be two adults and sit down and talk rationally...thanks for both of you guys help!!!
    moodymommy193

Answer by moodymommy193 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• You definitely need to have a talk with him. Dont come off defensive or he will come off the same. You can say you understand he needs to unwind, but for YOU to unwind is for him to spend some time with you. Once the baby comes, its all about the child, so alone time is crucial for you both right now. You can ask him straight out why he is not spending time with you. Does the pregnancy freak him out? what are his thoughts so you can try to understand him and that way you can better communicate with him. Men can be very difficult sometimes and we have to soothe them which can get annoying....
    MamaIngram

Answer by MamaIngram at 9:37 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I understand if you tell him "stand up and be a man" will make any man upset but that's why I said "a better man" I am sure he is a good man but like I said good luck =]
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 9:40 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• i was reading your journals and it seems like to me your boyfriend is not appreciate you. Hunny please have a sit down with him and get him in your feelings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2009