Did you ever actually believe that babies came from storks?

I was watching Dumbo and it got me thinking. I never thought that. I saw pregnant women and was told there were babies in their bellies. So the stork just didn't make sense to me. Do your kids think the stork brings babies?

jus1jess

Asked by jus1jess at 9:53 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no my kids know that baby was put there by a daddy they just dont know how and they are a little too young to know that part of it. they seemed satisfied with that answer so no need to divulge anymore info than i had to thank god...
    my parents told me about the whole stork thing an i thought that for awhile uhh so evil.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 10:08 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• nope. my lil bro was born when i was 2 so ive always known that mommys & daddys make babies haha. it was kinda fun being the kid who got to tell everyone where babies came from haha. my DD is too young to know anything about babies (other than pointing them out). but she will have a little bro or sis eventually, so i doubt she will be think anything about a stork.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:20 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I just thought the stork thing was on cartoons, I alwyas knew that babies came from mommy's belly. My daughter is only 6 weeks, but I'm sure she will think the same also when she is older.
    reava

Answer by reava at 10:26 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Lol probley when i was a kid i thought that idk.
    midnightstar21

Answer by midnightstar21 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Storks? No. I thought babies came from social services. My parents were foster parents, so I never saw my mom pregnant. My parents have my sister and me biologically (I am the younger sister), but my 3 brothers are adopted, 2 of which were foster kids first.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• My mom did! She was devastated when she found out. I think she was 10 or 11 when she found out the truth.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:39 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I always thought that was a dumb answer. I remember thinking, oh it must be something icky that brings babies because my mom was always so modest.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 11:42 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• All I can think of is that it was an easier answer in the generations where they did not talk about sex or anything having to do with childbirth. I never really thought about it but it was not something that I was taught, my Mom was very open about those kind of things.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:25 AM on Aug. 30, 2009