Uncircumcized males and AIDS?

My sister's friend just had a baby boy. My sister heard that an uncircumcized penis can carry AIDS without the boy actually having it(getting it from someone else) because it can get caught in the folded skin. Anyone know if this is true? I've neverheard of such a thing..... so now I'm curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• the aids thing has to do with uncirc men from africa not in the united states you can google the studies that they have done on it. it made no difference in the united states whether men were circ or not when it came to getting aid more often. but in africa i guess it does make a difference if there more likely to get aids and not just in the uncirc part!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 1:11 AM on Aug. 30, 2009

• lol that is the most assassinate thing ive ever heard! my DH is 100% disease free and uncut
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Well, that doesn't mean anything if he had never been with a person who had AIDS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• lol its still a crock of shit lol and very FALSE
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• if he has been with someone with AIDS not only the fold of his penis has AIDS thats stupid! not true! How can only the fold have AIDS in it and not the rest of his body? If he has it on his penis, he has it. Period. No turning back.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 10:03 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• There was a myth during the 50s that uncircumsized men would masturbate more and were more suceptible to STDs. It resurfaced in the 80s during the AIDS outbreak. It's untrue. AIDS does not live very long outside the body. In a moist fold of skin it can live for maybe a couple of hours tops and if it dries out it dies in a matter of seconds. There is no medical reason to routinely circumsize every baby boy.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:10 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Assassinate? What does that mean?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• asinine, is what i think she meant. But yeah. That's just dumb. USE CONDOMS.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:31 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• OP here..... I thought it was crazy too. But my sister is only 19 and kinda gullible. Thats why I asked, i wanted to know because I had never heard of such a thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2009