Does anybody take sleeping pills? What is your preferred brand?

Yes i am a very troubled sleeper. I take sleeping pills a few times a week and also drink herbal sleepy time tea. My doctor told me to find a sleeping pill because i am not considered a person who needs a prescription. Do any of you moms out there have a preferred brand of sleepy pill? Yes i drink warm milk too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Health

• tylenol pm works great
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 10:02 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I pop a benadryl, which is also safe during pregnancy, and am out in 45 minutes. Ahhh...
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 10:05 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• i love the sleepy time tea! and i usually use Tylenol pm. it works but Advil pm is sooo much better.you actually stay asleep when you take em.also I've been looking at more natural ways to help and found melatonin.its all natural and is sold at GNC or health stores.its not really a sleeping aid per say but it helps you unwind and relax enough to ease yourself into sleep.

naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 10:05 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I was on prescription Ambiene for awhile. Man I loved them slept well for the first time in years.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:38 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I take Vicodin.I know it's not a sleeping pill but it works!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Ambien is the only thing that helps me to sleep. Benadryl, Tylenol PM, etc. has the opposite effect on me, plus the unpleasant side effect of restless legs syndrome. Or I would use them. I have chronic insomnia, I have been using everything from melantionin to antidepressants, anticonvulsants, blood-pressure medications, anti-psychotis, and prescription narcotics to sleep. Ambien is what works for me. Vicodin works, but gives me a 'hungover' effect when I wake up. Lunesta -would- work but gave me an unpleasant taste that kept me awake. I have a sleep study coming up in Feburary. However, if benadryl does not stimulate you, you could try some benadryl or tylenol pm with melantonin or valerian roots. Run this by your doctor first! I am not a doctor. :)
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 11:37 PM on Aug. 29, 2009