Is it rude to put up a sign for a house party asking guests to remove shoes?

having a party for my daughter very muddy out, house is carpeted i woul dprefer people to take off shoes when they come in...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i think it would be rude for the guests to wear shoes inside! :)
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 10:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• No, but if you want to make it fun, give them the option of removing shoes or putting $5.00 donation in a bucket per pair to go towards the carpet cleaning....LOL!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:28 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• nope.. it's your house, your rules. and I'm sure if they were throwing a party they wouldn't want to rent a carpet cleaner either
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 10:29 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• nope i'd do it
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I know plenty of people who have that posted at all times, not just special occasions like a party and I never thought it was rude. I feel weird walking into somebody's house with my shoes on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• heck i have a sign on my door all the time REMOVE SHOES BEFORE ENTERING so nope not rude we pay to much to have our houses stay nice
    peytonJJ27

Answer by peytonJJ27 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• thanks everyone problem is in the past with my in laws i haven't requested it and it has always bugged me especially since my daughter plays on the floor.. so they might be a little surprsied that i am now requesting shoes to be removed when they com einside..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• yes it is rude.. but it is also your house!! I have tried times to make other remove shoes and they will not . Good luck
    ... rude in a good way I mean! :)
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 10:46 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• nope its not rude at all.
    NicsMommy29

Answer by NicsMommy29 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• When we have company over, I always put a towel or rug down right next to the door & put a few pairs of our shoes on it. When people walk in, they see it & automatically take their shoes off & put them on the towel (or rug) They get the hint without having to say anything to them. Works every time!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:51 PM on Aug. 29, 2009