so i just had twins

i just brought them home yesterday. i havent slept at all because my husband is overseas in Iraq. my mom is trying to help out as much as she can.and im greatful for her i just dont know what to do. its very stressful and i just wish i had my husband here but i know that he's doing his job. i need some advice on how to handle all the stress of rasing 3 kids and dealing with school work and my husband not being here

MommyofPeyton08

Asked by MommyofPeyton08 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• This sounds like it would be a good time to take off a semester from school. Congrats on the babies, dear, and please take some time for yourself to recover, and get to know your little ones before you worry about school. It's not worth the stress. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:39 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• try to get a live in nanny...or someone you know or you can trust. Good Luck with everything.
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• well kinda been there, i had my son 3 months ago my husband just got home last month and we have a 3 1/2 year old and i moved about a month after my son was born. so i gotcha on the stress while deployed thing. my best advice to you, is to take advantage as much as you can of your mom while she is helping. if you can sleep SLEEP! take alot of pictures and email them to him whenever you can. i know it doesn't sound like much, but theres really no one way to make it work, you just have to keep trying til you figure out what works for you. for example for us and bathtime. my dd would get her bath, than i'd let her play in the tub while baby got his bath and got dressed. when he was ready i got her out and dressed her. when he woke up anytime after 5 a.m i'd stay up do what i had to do til she was up than do her breakfast and by then he was up again. than i'd take a quick catnap 15-20 mins during their afternoon nap so i wasn't CO
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:42 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• exhausted when he woke in the middle of the night. it took me about 2 weeks to figure out a groove that worked for all 3 of us. but once i did the time just flew by. congrats on the babies, and you're husband will be home before you know it, time really does fly when you are taking care of a few kids
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:43 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• That sounds exhausting! I understand if you cant afford a nanny I know I couldnt! I agree with taking a semester off! It would probably help the stress level immensely! And anytime you can get a babysit, even for just one kid, take it!!
    AidensMommy20

Answer by AidensMommy20 at 11:36 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Take things day by day and let things go that don't need to be taken care of right away, ie housework. =) Been there momma, I have three myself, a son and twin girls. It gets better, hang in there. Have you joined the moms of twins group?
    Daynaof3

Answer by Daynaof3 at 1:45 AM on Aug. 30, 2009