most surprising

What do you think is the most surprising thing about motherhood...can be anything from pregnancy, birth, 1st days home, infanthood, toddlerhood, whatever!

crazy4u49033

Asked by crazy4u49033 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What surprised me most was how much his smiles affect me. His laughter makes me laugh, his smiles remind me that no matter how much trouble he might get in, how much I might stress over providing him with his next meals, or the roof over his head, He'll always love me, and I'll always love him.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:50 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• lets see so far (my oldest is 3 1/2) its been the way they absorb absolutely everything. i mean i realize kids do that b/c i have a brother 10 yrs younger than me, but its more obvious when its your kid
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:50 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• How much you actually learn on a daily basis from even just a 2 year old. My little man has showed me to appreciate more in life cause you never know what you got until its gone. He has taught me a lot more but from the 1st day he was born that was the 1st thing that was surprising. I never thought I would learn that from a one day old.
    NicsMommy29

Answer by NicsMommy29 at 10:51 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• You gals are so sweet! I love it and I agree!!!!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 10:53 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Well my kids are now 18,16, &15. The first thing that amazed me was how much I could love them. Now it is amazing how wonderful they are. Other times I wonder how they are still alive. By the grace of God I think >>(that I have not yet killed them)
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Before I had my daughter, I was SUPER impatient. As soon as I had her, like magic, I became super patient...but only with her :-)
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 10:58 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• The most surprising thing to me is how fast the time goes by. Ours are 13, 7 and 6 and it seems like yesterday that I had them. Cherish every moment because the time flies!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:58 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• The most surprising thing is how easily he can turn my mood around. My son is 13 months old and ahs the sweetest smile ive ever seen. Even when im exhausted and frustrated from some mess he made all he has to do is smile and my hear mealts. Ive never been that much of a pushover before! We are in for a world of trouble cause my husband melts when he gets that smile too! =)
    JSWeible

Answer by JSWeible at 10:59 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• I am still new to this...my son turned a month old a couple of days ago. but it is amazing how quickly nothing else matters.. just him. Also at night when I feel like I can't take much more.. when he cuddles into my chest, it makes me feel so special.
    mommytohuddy

Answer by mommytohuddy at 11:43 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• The moment of clarity in realizing I could never really have a single moment of "time off" again! That was 20 and a half years ago....It has been wonderful, I wouldn't trade it for anything.....!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 10:29 AM on Aug. 30, 2009