how to put a lollypop stick in a lifesaver candy?

... yes i saw a cupcake that looks like a rattle and the handle for the rattle is a lifesaver w/ a lollypop stick in it. ive read the directions and everything and it does not say how to get the stick in the lifesaver. does anyone know how? how to melt it and get the stick in w/o messin up the whole thing or something idk

michmm03

Asked by michmm03 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Step 4

Attach hollow-center candies to lollipop sticks with melted candy.

That's what it says on wilton.com. You just use the melted candy(yellow candy melts) as an adhesive
    Bmanda352

Answer by Bmanda352 at 11:57 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• where did you see this? sounds cute...and I've made lots of cakes if I don't know how it's done, I could probably come up with a way.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:06 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Here ya go.

http://awaitingbuddha.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-baby-rattle-cupcakes.html

I googled it, this is a blog that shows a pic. I think it may have a description. But it's pretty easy to figure out by the picture. The one end of the lollipop stick is stuck into the cupcake, the other end into a Gummy Saver (not the hard ones!) It looks like there is some gum drops on there too. Very cute idea!
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:10 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• Have you looked for lifesaver suckers I believe they make the already made that way. Well good luck
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 11:10 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• akmami0f4 yes i looked but not found them and the ingreants list says 3inch lollypop sticks , hard candies ... etc. lol but in the pic u could c its life savers
    michmm03

Answer by michmm03 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• lol yea and i was thinkin mayb its the gummie ones but the pic i saw was a white hared lookin one
    michmm03

Answer by michmm03 at 11:23 PM on Aug. 29, 2009

• oh yea and i saw it on Wilton.com
    michmm03

Answer by michmm03 at 11:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2009